A cultural crisis in America’s workplace diversity
The workplace experience for most employees is not the workplace experience for all employees, as reveals a recent study from Glassdoor measuring gaps in Diversity & Inclusion satisfaction by employee race and ethnicity.
reveals that :
1) the three jobs with the widest gaps in D&I perceptions are :
**customer success**, program manager and registered nursing.
2) workers from different racial and ethnic groups **disagree**
about the current state of workplace D&I at their companies.
3) the broad measures of employee satisfaction tend to be dominated by opinions of white employees because of this over-representation.
Therefore, employers must :
1) look beyond average employee opinion on workplace diversity.
2) and focus on the experiences of underrepresented employees to avoid blind spots.
=> Directly soliciting feedback from these groups is a necessary first step to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Hakan Ozturk is a Paris-based Customer Success leader with over 15 years of experience in the computer software industry. Passionate about driving growth and delivering value to strategic customers, Hakan has established himself as a trusted industry expert. As the Founder of The Customer Success Café Newsletter and TopCSjobs.com, Hakan provides valuable industry insights and daily-updated job opportunities worldwide in the field of Customer Success. Connect with Hakan to unlock your company’s potential for success.